What is Professional Accreditation?
The Chartered Institute of Marketing's (CIM) professional accreditation programme is a process that assesses the combination of an individual’s skills, experience, qualifications and commitment to ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD) against an internationally-approved professional standards framework for marketing.
Accreditation levels, in the form of letters that can be used after your name, are then awarded accordingly.
|Eg:||Jo Brown, MCIM Chartered Marketer
Marketing Manager, Company X
From starting out to senior management, there’s an accreditation level to suit you, no matter what stage you are at in your career.
A commitment to ongoing professional development could lead you to Chartered Marketer Status- the mark of a qualified, experienced and up-to-date professional and the ultimate accolade for marketers.
Chartered Marketer status will set you apart from other marketers, open up even greater career opportunities both in New Zealand and overseas, and elevate your practice of marketing to an entirely new professional level.
CIM’s internationally-recognised Professional Accreditation programme which was successfully launched in 2011 through an exclusive partnership between the Marketing Association and CIM, is setting and supporting industry benchmarks for marketing in New Zealand.
Find out what level you're at by completing our online Skills Analysis (free for employees of MA member organisations)
How can Professional Accreditation help you as a Marketer?
- Gain credibility and enhance your status
- Increase your potential for career advancement
- Benchmark your skills and identify development needs
- Stay up-to-date and relevant so you’re ahead of the game in this fast-paced industry
- Stand out from the crowd in a competitive job market
- Work towards the elite status of Chartered Marketer
How does it benefit your employer?
- More effective implementation of knowledge at the workplace
- More highly skilled marketers to drive the business forward
- Measurable objectives that tie development to the needs of the business
- Unlocked potential, improved morale and greater motivation